Skip to main content

Third stop Germany

The third week into the trip we stopped over into Germany.

Met some pretty amazing people. Krislynne friends were very nice. Krista happened to have a friend that was there during the same time, Christine. I would like to thank these two wonderful ladies again for driving, letting us crash your house and being our tour guides during our visit. It really meant a lot to Krista and I.  

On evening we took a train to another town to experience wine fest, the biggest in the country. This event also included a smaller version of beer fest. It was crazy, so many people.


Cant help but love the old time feel of this country. They still use wood street signs in some areas.

Germany was a nice stop. We stayed at Krislynne place, she is really lucky to have the opportunity to live in a different country. Didn't do the traditional things that people do when they visit here. But we did hit up a lot of castles, churches, sampled wine and sampled local food. 

What else but to do some wine tasting in the cellar of an old castle.

 I'm still amazed how each country has their own unique style of castles. Even the inside of these amazing places are uniquely different. Pictured below is a mix of a few that we had seen.





Fantastic view of the town below, the winery's and the Rhine River. (this is the main river in Germany. It is 527km which is 327 miles)

This is a picture of one of the winery's

Wienershnitzel ( yummy pork chops with fries).

This meal was delightful. This is the Wienershnitzel

Somethings that you will need to try is spaghetti ice
(this is ice cream that is shaped like spaghetti noodles)

Strawberry Spaghetti Ice YUMMY!!


This gem had some really good food. Tried duck for the first time here. I think I could have it again.

The signs here I found to be very funny, soooo I thought I would share.





Sadly this was Kristas last stop. She flew home and my Aunt joined in on the rest of the adventure. My Aunt got off the plane to a nap. When she woke up Krislynne took us to the bus stop and we were off to ............











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uniform Purse

I had been asked to make a purse for a spouse. I really enjoy make things but this is one of my favorites. I have made a lot in the last couple of years and no two are the same. Each one is unique in their own way.  The women receiving them really seem to enjoy the purse/ diaper bag. So lets get started. First get an ODU blouse Decide on what fabric you want.   Decide on if it is going to be a purse or a diaper bag. This is so you know how much you will have to cut off.  This one is going to be a purse. Then decide how many pockets. This one is going to have one pocket.  Add some handles.  I used the sleeves from the blouse and the rest of the patriotic fabric And here you have it.  A perfect way to support your SAILORS and TROOPS.

First stop Ireland

First stop Ireland I will say before you fly out of the country mental prepare yourself for a very long day. After getting to the airport, flights, layovers, more flights, more layovers, customs, bus ride to hotel,  we finally made it. 20 plus hours of travel can be rough. Especially when things don't go as smoothly as one would hope. Heathrow airport in London is a  rough one. WE FINALLY MADE IT!!! First stop on our list was the Storehouse Brewery in Dublin. Suitcases and all. The Storehouse is where Guinness is brewed.       ( The beer of Ireland)  We had prepaid tickets  for 5pm and didn't think we had time to check into the hotel. Purchase your tickets online, it will help you save a some money and time. The Storehouse customer service was awesome. Since we already had tickets we didn't have to wait in line and they offered to hold on to our suitcases till we were done. This place was huge, 4 stories o...

Mauli Ola benefit

If you are in the SoCal area then head over to this great event. There will be music, art from local artist, raffles and list of fun goes on.       Succulent CafĂ© presents Local Artist Elise Nicole K with a benefit art show for Mauli Ola Foundation Aug 31st & Sept 1st 2013 The Mauli Ola Foundation is a non-profit organization that exists to introduce surfing ... as a natural treatment for people with genetic disorders. Please join us as we support their mission during two days of music, surfboards, silent auctions, and raffle prizes. Music by The Shapes & The Yeoman Handshaped Surfboards by Ashley Lloyd Thompson Be the first to taste the savory menu of San Diego's (soon to come) newest organic food truck! FARM.FISH.FORK. And much much more! Want more information go to Salt Water Diary by Elise Nicole on FaceBook.