Skip to main content

Europe here I come

EUROPE HERE I COME!!! 

I'm super excited for this trip and even more excited that i will be going with one of my BESTIES. 
(Everyone needs to have amazing BESTIES like I do)

Krista's brother is in the Air Force and just moved to Germany. The perfect opportunity to see him and see the that part of the world. Krista and I have talked about going there for a trip. The places that we would want to see and do.  Sooooo, randomly one day Krista text me  "Guess who's going to Germany with me". I replied "Pam (her wife)" Krista "Nope" Me "Your mom"  Krista "Nope" To my surprise Pam has to work, her mom is going next year and its ME. I am the lucky one. Since I found out that I was invited I started what any sane person would do. Start making a list of things to do while we are there. We are both making a list of we feel we must see.
I started doing research on flights, passport renewing, transportation while we are there and shopping for needed travel items. Oh, this is going to be fun. So of course I want to share my (our) experiences. We will be doing this trip on a tight budget. I'll be sharing how to do that, hopefully we can make it happen.  

First thing first a passport is needed. If you don't already have a passport there are a few things that will have to do. For starters you will need to get that passport. Apply for a passport here  If you just need to renew your passport. It's super easy.  Renewing directions here.





Mine had just expired. I went online to see what I needed to do. Just follow the link above for directions. It is said to take up to 6 weeks. You can of course pay for faster service. Since my trip is still a few months out, I just went with the standard shipping. (The sooner the better to be on the safe side) I still received it within 3 weeks. Krista sent her renewal in and it didn't take the whole 6 weeks either. You will need to send a picture in for your passport along with your old passport. (Don't worry you will get your old one back). I had gone to the UPS store for a picture to send in, cost $10. If you decide to go to the post office ensure that it is a post office that does passports. I live in really small town, post office is closed on Saturdays and only does mail, nothing else. If you have never had a passport you will have to schedule an appointment to turn in your paper work. 

Trip cost (will be updated as preps are made)
Passport renewal $110
Passport picture $10

Any questions about the process just ask. Have tips, suggestions, your experience would love to hear them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uniform Purse

I had been asked to make a purse for a spouse. I really enjoy make things but this is one of my favorites. I have made a lot in the last couple of years and no two are the same. Each one is unique in their own way.  The women receiving them really seem to enjoy the purse/ diaper bag. So lets get started. First get an ODU blouse Decide on what fabric you want.   Decide on if it is going to be a purse or a diaper bag. This is so you know how much you will have to cut off.  This one is going to be a purse. Then decide how many pockets. This one is going to have one pocket.  Add some handles.  I used the sleeves from the blouse and the rest of the patriotic fabric And here you have it.  A perfect way to support your SAILORS and TROOPS.

First stop Ireland

First stop Ireland I will say before you fly out of the country mental prepare yourself for a very long day. After getting to the airport, flights, layovers, more flights, more layovers, customs, bus ride to hotel,  we finally made it. 20 plus hours of travel can be rough. Especially when things don't go as smoothly as one would hope. Heathrow airport in London is a  rough one. WE FINALLY MADE IT!!! First stop on our list was the Storehouse Brewery in Dublin. Suitcases and all. The Storehouse is where Guinness is brewed.       ( The beer of Ireland)  We had prepaid tickets  for 5pm and didn't think we had time to check into the hotel. Purchase your tickets online, it will help you save a some money and time. The Storehouse customer service was awesome. Since we already had tickets we didn't have to wait in line and they offered to hold on to our suitcases till we were done. This place was huge, 4 stories o...

Mauli Ola benefit

If you are in the SoCal area then head over to this great event. There will be music, art from local artist, raffles and list of fun goes on.       Succulent Café presents Local Artist Elise Nicole K with a benefit art show for Mauli Ola Foundation Aug 31st & Sept 1st 2013 The Mauli Ola Foundation is a non-profit organization that exists to introduce surfing ... as a natural treatment for people with genetic disorders. Please join us as we support their mission during two days of music, surfboards, silent auctions, and raffle prizes. Music by The Shapes & The Yeoman Handshaped Surfboards by Ashley Lloyd Thompson Be the first to taste the savory menu of San Diego's (soon to come) newest organic food truck! FARM.FISH.FORK. And much much more! Want more information go to Salt Water Diary by Elise Nicole on FaceBook.