Skip to main content

More Scotland fun


Just a few more things that we enjoyed during our trip.

We had rented a car. Drove on the opposite side of the road and wait for it, drove a stick shift.  Fun!! And if I never see a round about again, I won't be to sad. Krista was great navigating us. (If you ever go pay the extra $50 a day and get the GPS, TRUST US).

Tried haggis for the first and last time. So gross. Had some amazing Scottish scones and Scottish Lorne sausage. That has been my favorite breakfast since I was a little girl and still is.

My dad's side of the family is from Glasgow. My great grandmother is buried there and hope one day to make it back and visit her grave. Sadly time was running short. I did get to see the area of where my father was born. The flat above the pub is no longer there. I did get to see the street and the pub. That was still pretty exciting.



We spent a lot of our time in Edinburgh.
Here are just a few more pictures of the trip.







 Our guide for a haunted tour of the city. Highly recommend you do this when visiting.




Carberry Tower was an amazing place to stay. They were very accommodating. This is truly a place that every princess should stay at. I really cant say enough about this place. I LOVED IT!!


This was neat to see. 


 That sky is beautiful!!


Being able to hear street performers playing bag pipes, really added that special touch.

Truly wish we had more time here. This isn't everything that we had done or seen. These are just a few things that I wanted to share with everyone.  Krislynne grandfather was a Wallace. On our last day she got a tattoo of her grandfather signature with a heart. Kristas ancestors had come from here as well. I would like to think that this stop was special for all of us. And you know what, it really was.

Can you guess where we might be headed to next. I'll give you a hint- I was born there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Star by Randy Greer

I like sharing projects of my friends with the world. Today, I want to share with you the Audio Book by Randy Greer . Randy Greer has created an Audio book called Black Star. Chapter one and two are a great listen. You can help with this project and hear the first two chapters here. You will also learn more about this project. Randy is writing the story, creating the music, editing and much more for this project. He also has recruited his friends to read some of the lines. Which makes this audio book even better. You are not just listening to one person reading it but each character having a voice. Make sure to pre-order yours today.  

Giddy up Horses

I want to take a break from all my adventures and share with you some new additions to Mama's Girl Market . I don't think I have ever met one person who didn't like horses. They are amazing creatures earth. Ready to ride Look at those faces Smelling the flowers Nice place to graze

Vatican City then headed home

As I finish up sharing my trip to Europe, I have started making plans to go to Australia.  Its hard to believe that it has been a year already since my last adventure. I must say a great way of finish up this amazing trip is going to the Vatican . My Aunt and I had purchased our tickets for the museum a head of time to avoid the lines. Highly recommend do this. As we waited for out time to enter the museum, we decided to walk around a bit. We decided to go in to Vatican City. We noticed that there were large crowds forming. Turns out that on Wednesdays that Pope Francis has a papal audience and gives mass . . We decided that you cant come to Vatican City and not see the Pope if he is having mass. There was a few hours before it stat, so we went to the museum. The last supper painted by Leonardo da Vinci The tombs were just fantastic to see, such great detail, telling a story. I snuck of picture of the Sistine Chapel , pai