Skip to main content

Europe here I come

EUROPE HERE I COME!!! 

I'm super excited for this trip and even more excited that i will be going with one of my BESTIES. 
(Everyone needs to have amazing BESTIES like I do)

Krista's brother is in the Air Force and just moved to Germany. The perfect opportunity to see him and see the that part of the world. Krista and I have talked about going there for a trip. The places that we would want to see and do.  Sooooo, randomly one day Krista text me  "Guess who's going to Germany with me". I replied "Pam (her wife)" Krista "Nope" Me "Your mom"  Krista "Nope" To my surprise Pam has to work, her mom is going next year and its ME. I am the lucky one. Since I found out that I was invited I started what any sane person would do. Start making a list of things to do while we are there. We are both making a list of we feel we must see.
I started doing research on flights, passport renewing, transportation while we are there and shopping for needed travel items. Oh, this is going to be fun. So of course I want to share my (our) experiences. We will be doing this trip on a tight budget. I'll be sharing how to do that, hopefully we can make it happen.  

First thing first a passport is needed. If you don't already have a passport there are a few things that will have to do. For starters you will need to get that passport. Apply for a passport here  If you just need to renew your passport. It's super easy.  Renewing directions here.





Mine had just expired. I went online to see what I needed to do. Just follow the link above for directions. It is said to take up to 6 weeks. You can of course pay for faster service. Since my trip is still a few months out, I just went with the standard shipping. (The sooner the better to be on the safe side) I still received it within 3 weeks. Krista sent her renewal in and it didn't take the whole 6 weeks either. You will need to send a picture in for your passport along with your old passport. (Don't worry you will get your old one back). I had gone to the UPS store for a picture to send in, cost $10. If you decide to go to the post office ensure that it is a post office that does passports. I live in really small town, post office is closed on Saturdays and only does mail, nothing else. If you have never had a passport you will have to schedule an appointment to turn in your paper work. 

Trip cost (will be updated as preps are made)
Passport renewal $110
Passport picture $10

Any questions about the process just ask. Have tips, suggestions, your experience would love to hear them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Star by Randy Greer

I like sharing projects of my friends with the world. Today, I want to share with you the Audio Book by Randy Greer . Randy Greer has created an Audio book called Black Star. Chapter one and two are a great listen. You can help with this project and hear the first two chapters here. You will also learn more about this project. Randy is writing the story, creating the music, editing and much more for this project. He also has recruited his friends to read some of the lines. Which makes this audio book even better. You are not just listening to one person reading it but each character having a voice. Make sure to pre-order yours today.  

Upcoming Antique show

Its that time of year again for some good ole vintage shopping. Oct 15, 2017 at the Antique Trove in Roseville Directions

Two Magpies Collection

I would like to introduced my cousin Megan the owner of Two Magpies Collection . Not only is she balancing a career as a member of the Air Force, a wife and a mother of a sweet little boy, but she has decided to add an Etsy shop to her already busy life. She makes the cutest baby blankets and burb cloths, that make the perfect baby shower gift or just something soft and sweet for your own little one. I had a chance to ask her a few questions. What’s your favorite piece of work that you have created? I've attached a photo of my favorite blanket in my shop.  I just love the bright colors and adorable dragons. What are you working on at the moment? Finishing up some more blankets.  I'm also excited to be working on my first quilt. Where else do you sell your work?   So far just Etsy.  We'll see how things go and perhaps expand from there. What else should we know about you and your work? I'm a working mom and enjoy doing this basically du