Skip to main content

Garden ready, finally


I'm so excited for spring this year. There's a fresh smell in the air from all the flowers blooming. The sounds of the new baby birds chirping in the morning. 
Last year I had a small little garden. 
As you can see a wheel barrel doesn't hold a lot.


 So this year, went a little bigger and of course had to make sure it was a raised garden. There were many ideas thrown about how big the garden would be and how it was going to be constructed.
The frame was the top part of a loft style bunk bed. My brother moved out soooo.... Instead of throwing the frame in the trash, decided it would make a prefect raised garden. 


Moved the frame to the to where I wanted the garden. Used an old pull liner on the bottom. We have guffers, so it kinda stops them from digging into the garden. And added metal sheeting to keep the dirt from falling through the cracks. 
Now its time to get some dirt. 


Love that I live in the country. 
My dad borrowed the neighbors front loader and got some dirt from the field. 


It took a lot of dirt to fill the garden. I have no idea how many trips I made to the front where the dirt was dropped to the back where the garden was. 


I had already purchased the stuff that the family wanted to grow. You can see the stuff laying in front there.
Finally after shoveling dirt till the sun went down. 
Its finally full enough to add the goodies.


This picture was taken the next morning. Looks full enough to me. 
I then placed the plants where I thought I may want them. Moved them around a few times till it looked just right. 


There are green bell peppers,  tomato, green onions,  lettuce seeds, purple bell peppers (yes a purple bell pepper, cant wait to see and taste that), cucumber and some marigolds (to keep out the bunnies and other wild life). Really excited to see this garden in full bloom (pictures to come).
And of course no garden is complete with out the protection of a gnome.


Dirt free
Frame free
Liner free
Gnome $1.00 (yard sale)
Plants $10.00
Metal sheeting $ 30.00
Total cost $41.00
Upcycling is the way to go







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Star by Randy Greer

I like sharing projects of my friends with the world. Today, I want to share with you the Audio Book by Randy Greer . Randy Greer has created an Audio book called Black Star. Chapter one and two are a great listen. You can help with this project and hear the first two chapters here. You will also learn more about this project. Randy is writing the story, creating the music, editing and much more for this project. He also has recruited his friends to read some of the lines. Which makes this audio book even better. You are not just listening to one person reading it but each character having a voice. Make sure to pre-order yours today.  

Giddy up Horses

I want to take a break from all my adventures and share with you some new additions to Mama's Girl Market . I don't think I have ever met one person who didn't like horses. They are amazing creatures earth. Ready to ride Look at those faces Smelling the flowers Nice place to graze

Vatican City then headed home

As I finish up sharing my trip to Europe, I have started making plans to go to Australia.  Its hard to believe that it has been a year already since my last adventure. I must say a great way of finish up this amazing trip is going to the Vatican . My Aunt and I had purchased our tickets for the museum a head of time to avoid the lines. Highly recommend do this. As we waited for out time to enter the museum, we decided to walk around a bit. We decided to go in to Vatican City. We noticed that there were large crowds forming. Turns out that on Wednesdays that Pope Francis has a papal audience and gives mass . . We decided that you cant come to Vatican City and not see the Pope if he is having mass. There was a few hours before it stat, so we went to the museum. The last supper painted by Leonardo da Vinci The tombs were just fantastic to see, such great detail, telling a story. I snuck of picture of the Sistine Chapel , pai