Skip to main content

Elise Nicole owner of Salt Water Diary

I would like to share with you my friend Elise Nicole. Her work has been seen all over Hawaii and in Southern California.  If your looking for fun ocean art to fill up your beach house, you should check out her art here. I own a couple of her pieces. And love them. She had customized a lovely piece for me a few years ago, that is still one of my favorite pieces of art.

Mermaid 1

Aloha! My name is Elise Nicole and I live in Kailua, Hawai'i with my best friend and love, my one and only super handsome guy John, and our beyond beautiful daughter Harlow and our wise old soul son Taj. I myself am an earth adoring, art creating, teacher of yoga, traveling explorer, and most of all passionate momma. I have a 'life list' that I gaze at daily, and plan to cross off every last item I have written on it. Most days I am the epitome of a goof, and I love that about me, Harlow is just like momma, I assure you Taj will be too.
My career as an artist started in 2004 when I was finding that my friends wanted to pay me to paint them something! Since then it has been an ebb and flow of creating art while changing and growing personally.


What’s your favorite piece of work that you have created?

My favorite piece is not published anywhere. I painted it on the night of the Blue Moon Super moon in August of 2013. It has a universe in the background and 3 jellyfish. It also has one shooting star with a long trailing blue tail. 10 months after I painted this piece, our son Taj was born. I like to think this was his way of telling me he was coming. He is the blue shooting star. One day I will share it with the world, but for now it is my sacred secret.

My other favorite piece would have to be the surfboard I painted for a charity event. It has a very similar feel to the one above. ;)


What are you working on at the moment?

Currently I am doing a huge cleanse on my style and persona! I am offering some older pieces much lower than normal, because I am ready to start fresh! What’s been inspiring me lately is more cosmic and positive vibrations of love and peace mingled with tropical surfers and sea sisters. I am finishing up a few commissions for the year and in 2015 I will be releasing a whole new “me”.


Where else do you sell your work?

I am focusing solely on my website at the time being. We’ve just moved here to Kailua from San Diego, and it perfectly aligned when all the shops and galleries sold out shortly before our move! The universe must have known I was going to be taking a ride on the creative train! 


Where else can we find you?

My Instagram and Facebook are always pretty active, and of course my blog is my third child. As far as websites and press go, you can find me in these places.

FreeSurf Magazine
Longboard Magazine Art Issue 2008- Featured Artist
Longboardmagazine.com-Art Colony online
FOAM MAGAZINE 

Ocean Magazine- featured artist June 2009
FreeSurf Magazine- June/July 2009 issue Featured artist 

Women's Surf Style Magazine- Featured Artist Fall/Winter 2010
DYLA Magazine -Featured Artist 2010 

Around the Town Barb
Encinitas Patch
Surf News Network
Urban Honolulu Magazine (coming soon!)


What else should we know about you and your work?

I paint from my heart. I don’t create if I feel rushed or have bad vibes. I want my artwork to literally be filled with love. I like to feel good when I am creating something that will be hanging in someone's home or office. My paintbrush is filled with aloha. I usually don’t paint faces so everyone can relate. It bothers some people that I am not more detailed, but I like for my work to set the stage, but your mind gets to create the rest of the fantasy.


                                               Slow Motion "Blonde Edition"

What inspires you

The earth, the saltwater, the way the sunlight dances through my daughter’s honey colored hair.. and seeing my son light up when he gets in the ocean with me. Flowers, plants, sandy bed sheets and salty kisses from my love. I am inspired by others who find beauty in the small things. I am inspired by anyone who isn’t afraid to live in their truth and not chase but live their dreams.

Do you have any tips or inspiring words for others?

Whatever you do, do it with love. When it starts to feel like you are working yourself to the bone.. slow yourself down and find the grace in the chaos. Being an artist is hard work! But if you make it fun, it will be a good hard work. Like hiking a beautiful rain forest to a waterfall.. every step is beautiful if you only open your eyes to the journey instead of the destination.
Did I mention I'm a yoga teacher? ;)

Any holiday sales coming soon? 

Yes! I am about to offer a huge discount code, the biggest one you have ever seen! Maybe I’ll post it with the publishing of this! Keep checking my shop!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Star by Randy Greer

I like sharing projects of my friends with the world. Today, I want to share with you the Audio Book by Randy Greer . Randy Greer has created an Audio book called Black Star. Chapter one and two are a great listen. You can help with this project and hear the first two chapters here. You will also learn more about this project. Randy is writing the story, creating the music, editing and much more for this project. He also has recruited his friends to read some of the lines. Which makes this audio book even better. You are not just listening to one person reading it but each character having a voice. Make sure to pre-order yours today.  

Giddy up Horses

I want to take a break from all my adventures and share with you some new additions to Mama's Girl Market . I don't think I have ever met one person who didn't like horses. They are amazing creatures earth. Ready to ride Look at those faces Smelling the flowers Nice place to graze

Vatican City then headed home

As I finish up sharing my trip to Europe, I have started making plans to go to Australia.  Its hard to believe that it has been a year already since my last adventure. I must say a great way of finish up this amazing trip is going to the Vatican . My Aunt and I had purchased our tickets for the museum a head of time to avoid the lines. Highly recommend do this. As we waited for out time to enter the museum, we decided to walk around a bit. We decided to go in to Vatican City. We noticed that there were large crowds forming. Turns out that on Wednesdays that Pope Francis has a papal audience and gives mass . . We decided that you cant come to Vatican City and not see the Pope if he is having mass. There was a few hours before it stat, so we went to the museum. The last supper painted by Leonardo da Vinci The tombs were just fantastic to see, such great detail, telling a story. I snuck of picture of the Sistine Chapel , pai