Skip to main content

A big update to a tiny apartment

I was asked by a friend to update and clean up her little apartment while she was gone on vacation. So of course I jumped on the opportunity. And sooooo excited to share with you what was done. And here is the best part, it was under $200.00. 

So let's get started.

In her tiny little kitchen, she had a lot of random shelves. There really was no theme and things really didn't have a home. I had cleaned up her cabinets and was able to move a lot of canned and boxed foods it to the cabinets. For the items that are not used as much went to the top shelf. I bought her a cute little green stool for the hard to reach stuff. 


She wanted art in the kitchen so she had large upcycled bags on the walls. Those were moved and replaced with art from the living room. 



As you can see in the below pictures, how much cleaner it is and organized it looks. I bought her new drinking cups. They look like vintage mason jars with lids. Perfect since she likes to juice so she can put what she doesn't finish in the fridge and not worry about it going bad or spilling. 



I moved out her wood shelf and her wood spice rack. Then used her black metal shelves. The larger one stayed on one side of the room and moved the smaller one to the other side of the room. I had purchased nice black containers to store the items that didn't fit in the cabinet.  Cleaned up the table and bought some really cool vintage chairs. And added a vintage table cloth. The green chairs help brighten up the room. The picture on the wall her friend Janelle painted.


Next we move to the living room. Its a nice size. Moved the furniture around. Moved the couch to in front of the TV. Took down and moved the pictures to other places of the house where they seem to fit in better. 





Found this cat bed and made the cushion out of chenille that I had laying around. As you can see 
Miss Azula LOVE'S IT!!!


The couch is a beautiful cream color, but since Azula likes to claw at everything. I removed the white grungy  sheets and replaced it with a beautiful coral and white cover. Which made the room so much brighter. 


In her bed room. I removed items that were not really needed or didn't belong in the space. I removed the clothing rack. Moved her bed to a better location. Noticed the dresser to the right. She painted it. She  is an amazing artist. 



As you seen the the living room pictures, the blue chest was moved to the living room as a coffee table. 



Her bed moved and the rock picture moved from the living room to the bed room. The grey's from the picture really pop with the grey blue bedding. 


Finally her bathroom. Not much color going on in there. So of course, I went shopping looking for the right colors. She really wanted this room to be oceany. She already had a really cute shelf with her ocean treasures that she has collected from her favorite beaches. 



She was using a can that was rusting for her toothbrush and toothpaste. So that had to go.  


The colors in the towels are greens, blues, whites and purples. They are the perfect shade for this tiny little bathroom. 


 Her toothbrush holder was replaced with something a little more nautical.


When she finally got home, she said 
"I LOVE IT!!"

When you are first moving out of your parents house and starting a life of your own. It can be scary especially when your in the military. You are moved across the country from everything you know.  You start off owning nothing for a home. But as you meet people they give you all of their items they don't need any more. 

Skyler's little place was mostly hand me downs from people she knows.  With a little imagination I was able to use most of what was given to her. Moving things to better locations throughout the apartment and adding a few new things and much needed COLOR, her place is update and a nice relaxing place to be. 

Next we will be working on her yard. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Star by Randy Greer

I like sharing projects of my friends with the world. Today, I want to share with you the Audio Book by Randy Greer . Randy Greer has created an Audio book called Black Star. Chapter one and two are a great listen. You can help with this project and hear the first two chapters here. You will also learn more about this project. Randy is writing the story, creating the music, editing and much more for this project. He also has recruited his friends to read some of the lines. Which makes this audio book even better. You are not just listening to one person reading it but each character having a voice. Make sure to pre-order yours today.  

Giddy up Horses

I want to take a break from all my adventures and share with you some new additions to Mama's Girl Market . I don't think I have ever met one person who didn't like horses. They are amazing creatures earth. Ready to ride Look at those faces Smelling the flowers Nice place to graze

Vatican City then headed home

As I finish up sharing my trip to Europe, I have started making plans to go to Australia.  Its hard to believe that it has been a year already since my last adventure. I must say a great way of finish up this amazing trip is going to the Vatican . My Aunt and I had purchased our tickets for the museum a head of time to avoid the lines. Highly recommend do this. As we waited for out time to enter the museum, we decided to walk around a bit. We decided to go in to Vatican City. We noticed that there were large crowds forming. Turns out that on Wednesdays that Pope Francis has a papal audience and gives mass . . We decided that you cant come to Vatican City and not see the Pope if he is having mass. There was a few hours before it stat, so we went to the museum. The last supper painted by Leonardo da Vinci The tombs were just fantastic to see, such great detail, telling a story. I snuck of picture of the Sistine Chapel , pai